For our signature hammock, the Backwoods Lounger Hammock , we chose to use the 2.2 Hex70XL ripstop fabric, sourced from our friends at Ripstop By The Roll . We feel this is a superior fabric and fits the bill for what we were trying to accomplish. We were looking to build a hammock that was tough as nails, offered a higher weight rating, while still offering a smooth, soft feel.
This fabric is a breathable fabric with a DWR finish. It offers a high abrasion resistance and higher strength than the normal 1.0, 1.1, and 1.9 oz Ripstop. Why does this matter? Well we wanted to offer a higher weight rating in single layer hammock. This achieves two goals. First it saves weight over comparable weight rated hammocks, other hammocks available in the market offer a similar weight rating but in a double layer hammock body. This usually adds up to about 3-3.5 oz/yd fabric. We achieve the same weight rating in only 2.2 oz/yd. Second we feel the thicker fabric offers a flatter lay in the hammock almost eliminating the dreaded calf ridge. We feel we have a great, simple hammock to offer to those looking for a comfortable hammock at that 400 lb weight rating while saving you every ounce we can in the pack. This hammock paired with its included cinch buckle suspension sets up in no time, minimizing your setup time in camp.
I presonnally use the 12′ version of the Backwoods Lounger and have tested it all over Tennessee. I’ve slept many nights on the trail in this hammock and have welcome some time relaxing in this hammock after miles on the trail. I have been hard on this hammock and it has never let me down (no pun intended).
Cedar Ridge Outdoors proudly offers handmade product, made right here in the rolling hills of Tennessee. We only use materials sourced from companies in the USA. Each product is made especially for you so dimensions and weights may vary. We are proud of our products and stand behind our work. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase please return it for a full refund. If your product fails, rips, or doesn’t meet your expectations let us know and we will fix it, or replace it, no questions asked. If you need a product by a certain date, rush order, or shipped to a resupply point please let us know ASAP and we will do everything possible to accommodate you. We strive to provide our customers with unbeatable customer service, excellent handmade products at a great value.
– DO NOT use in situations where personal safety or valuable property could be endangered.
– DO NOT hang a hammock above any objects that could cause injury if you fell on them. DO NOT hang a hammock higher than you can fall without injury while in the hammock.
– Inspect all hammock components before each use. DO NOT use if signs of damage are apparent to the rope, splice, webbing, fabric, stitching, or hardware. When exposed to direct sunlight and outdoor elements, deterioration can occur.
– DO NOT exceed the working load. When used under dynamic (stress, jerk) conditions, additional care must be exercised. These conditions can reduce the working load by as much as 33%.
– DO NOT stand in line with rope under tension; it may recoil (snap back) unpredictably if released or broken.
– Misuse can result in serious injury or death.
In no event shall Cedar Ridge Outdoors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of its products.